Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Troubleshooting/troublemaking.

Tragically, sometimes shoots do not go as planned. Case one:



Umbrella: Liquidation store
Black and white striped top: Target
Black blazer: Ruth via Crossroads
Skirt: Target
Tights: Target
Shoes: Payless
Vintage 60s frame bag: thrifted

This was the best shot out of a bucket's worth. I think it is a shame that I look so irritated, because I don't believe myself to have been. The look of irritation is made more acute by the vaguely pinkish red shadow cast on my face by the umbrella.



The umbrella, however, is obnoxiously happy. Ultimately, the power of it and my pissy face combine to formulate an average effect. Win?





...the painful after-story is this: The sun came out immediately after this shoot and warmed the Earth by 20 degrees or so. Of course, this was after I already left for the day. I ripped my fingernail, which in turn snagged my tights. And my sense of self-worth.

Case two: being unaware of the girth of your fabrics (ugh, and the angle of your lens,) can result in an experience which should serve as a valuable lesson for your readers. Because if these things are off kilter, you could easily go from this:



Vintage chain bag: thrifted
Necklace: gift from friends in Taiwan
Tee: Charlotte Russe
Skirt: thrifted
Flats: Target

...to this:



So, wearing a camisole wouldn't have killed me. Unfortunately, not wearing a camisole did. I am relieved that I am able to access Blogger from the afterlife, but I am starting to worry that some angel might see it over my shoulder and accuse me of committing the deadly sin of vanity.

7 comments:

Catherine Catarina Au Jong said...

romanticx. <3

Sheila said...

Awesome brolly!

Ah, the triangles of doom. Try a beige bra. :)

You look so cute in the first picture.

Eyeliah said...

Oh no, what a day!! But really, you do look gorgeous!

LyddieGal said...

I adore your zebra skirt, LOVE the pattern mixing!!!

Chic on the Cheap

Fashionista on Tour said...

I need your umbrella!!!!

Pamela said...

OHHH!!! Your umbrella is adorable!!! Give it to me!! Immediately!

Hmm, no?

Call Me Ishmael

In Kinsey's Closet said...

I've had both of those things happen to me so I know how you feel! You look great despite these mishaps though! Just became your newest "stalker" as you call them!