Sunday, September 5, 2010

Fit for a feast

This outfit whisked me from a job interview to a birthday interview. Actually, I whisked myself - the outfit did very little of the walking.



Headband: Wal-Mart
Vintage scarf: from Grandma
Tuxedo jacket: H&M via Crossroads
Black and white dress: DKNY via Salvation Army
Tights: Target
Oxford pumps: DKNY via eBay



Wearing a bun makes it very, very easy to forgo washing one's hair for an irresponsible period of time.



I celebrated my birthday with family at my favorite Italian restaurant. I have been ordering their cavatelli for over a decade. Cavatelli, though, is a very dense and ruthlessly bloating pasta. I had the foresight to acknowledge the fact that after a plate of it, I would have a carb gut. This dress' waist is cut a bit high and has some extra room in it. And fill it I did.

11 comments:

Catherine Catarina Au Jong said...

so neat!! i love it

Love,
etinology.

Lauren said...

I love this look, I have a cropped blazer that I think I'm going to use this outfit as inspiration!! Too cute!

Lauren
Sparrow & Urchin

Leilani said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope your job interview went well. :)

Kerri @ OldLadyChic said...

That blazer is amazing! Looks great with the dress.

Kirstin said...

I love the way you did your hair, so gorgeous!
http://crimsonrosella-kirstin.blogspot.com/

Robyn said...

Between "Th outfit did very little of the walking" and being okay with going extended periods of time between hair washing, I knew I had found a new favorite blog.

Adrianna Traxler said...

Love every piece to your look...very bold and i like that you mixed patterns

Fashion Cappuccino said...

You look like a modern Audrey Hepburn!! Beautiful shades! xoxoxoxoxoo

Melrose said...

ooh I love the purple lining in this jacket and the way it pulls everythign together!

Terri said...

such a lovely jacket, birthday girl.

Dial V for Vintage said...

Pretty outfit! I love the way you did your hair, very elegant :).