Saturday, August 7, 2010

party and the art of red pucker maintenance

Black, white and red is my all-time favorite color combination.



Silver headband: H&M
Swan earrings: Forever 21
Vintage lace and sequin shell blouse: antique store
Polka dot skirt: H&M
Bow flats: Target



I wore this to a fundraising happy hour at my aunt's house. I feel terribly happy and awfully me in a vintage piece and pin-up lips.



Oh em gee! Scalloping!



Red lipstick, you may know, is a profound commitment. I use MAC Russian Red, and with it I am deeply obsessed. Thus, I am usually willing to enter into a behavioral contract with it for the duration of a day or evening. The terms include frequent touch ups, great care with drinks and food, and non-kissing of other humans.

Naturally, after a few hours and a few drinks some or all of these terms are tossed out the proverbial window. It is not uncommon for me to head home with pink lips after having forfeited the game. Silver lining: this is usually the sign of a splendid evening.



...there's no accounting for beer goggles, though. I spent most of the night flirting with this gentleman.

13 comments:

jemina said...

Babe you look magnificent!!! and I'm crazy over red lippie too :)) LOVE your pictures, Hugs, xoxo

Miki's scrapbook said...

Hi, there! I love your blouse. You look very stylish in those clothes.

Have a nice weekend!

Miki.
http://mikisscrapbook.blogspot.com

Megan Mae said...

Great black and white outfit. I think they're my favorite combo type outfits too. Love the sunglasses!

Becky said...

Such a cute look! I love your sunnies! ♥

Same Page Notion

LyddieGal said...

Lovely dress!! The mix of lace and polka dots is just too cute!

The red lip looks gorgeous on you, particularly with the black and white ensemble. And nothing wrong with pink lips as the sign of an evening well spent!

Chic on the Cheap

playing hooksies said...

I love the mix of patterns. If only I could pull off a red lip :)

http://playinghooksies.blogspot.com/

Sheila said...

Whenever I want to do red lips, I use one of those lippys that you paint on - they're permanent and last through kisses, food (although not really oily food, like pizza or oil & vinegar salad dressing), and wine glasses.

You look great in that vintage top with your red lips!

The Perfect ...One said...

Hey loveeee d look its great !

www.pprada.blogspot.com

Tara said...

Hehe, your posts always make me LOL! You're so funny and clever with words :-)

I admire your style a lot and really enjoy reading about your outfits and seeing the pics. I look forward to each post :-)

Catchya later :-)

Debbie said...

Oh my, so happy you stopped by my blog so I could be utterly entranced by your stellar writing skills and sweet outfit choices! I'm so the same with red lips. It's a lot of work but it's s o m u c h f u n!

Stephanie said...

I love your outfit. Very glamorous.
The lace and polka dot paring is great.

Trishna said...

You look so utterly gorgeous that I stalked you all the way from weardrobe to see more of what you are wearing. It was the brown dress that pulled me in, with your hair piled up and the beautiful shiny brown bag. But now I am hooked.

I have a new baby blog too, do come by and say hi sometimes. :)

Terri said...

I have a very similar shell in a slightly different color and a similar skirt. I'll have to try this pairing. thanks for the idea.