Sunday, August 29, 2010

Gingham and floral in the hot hot sun

I am obviously concentrating on not flashing the camera. My expression may change, but the position of my thighs won't.





Vintage fascinator: thrifted
Shades: Target
Silver necklace: gift from aunt
Gingham blouse: H&M
Magenta tank: Terranova
Black and white floral skirt: thrifted
Madden Girl Booties
Vintage '60s frame bag: thrifted

This skirt actually wouldn't be my thing...just a generic thing from Anne Taylor from a few seasons ago. I almost passed it up before realizing it was a size too small and also from the petite collection (and I am 5'10".) Suddenly, I visualized it as a high-waisted mini.



I am developing a '60s frame bag infection. It is metastasizing.



I wore this whole get-up to an outdoor party and built the whole concept around my new MAC lipstick. It is basically tattooed on, and I will need a brillo pad to get it off.



Not that I mind.

12 comments:

Megan Mae said...

Super cute skirt. I love the black and white floral print. I love your heels too. What shade of MAC is it?

Kerri @ OldLadyChic said...

I am loving your blog. Thanks for stopping by mine. Why is it that when you want lipstick to get off it would rather not...and vice versa.

Terri said...

You are 5'10"--I never would have guesses! The gingham shows up much better here than at Chictopia

Sheila said...

Wow, you're tall! I love that fascinator. Cute outfit.

Emily, Ruby Slipper Traveller said...

He! It's always fun doing the thigh-squeeze thing in pictures! Nice gingham shirt by the way, I love everything gingham!

nat said...

I have ZERO complaints about that skirt! It's super cute and looks like it would probably go with a trillion things. (And the 'this skirt is too small — GUESS WHAT, now it's a high-waisted skirt' strategy is one I've employed many times over the years.)

Also, I'm a new reader, and I don't know if I've said this yet, but your blog gets the This Turns My Crank seal of approval! (Note: that may not actually be a thing.)

C'mon by and see me sometime!
nat // juxta-posing.tumblr.com

Keira said...

AWESOME pattern mixing!!

Vintage Vixen said...

Wow, you look amazing! Lucky you having those gorgeously long legs. x

devilishlypleasurable said...

the fascinator looks so gorgeous with this look! love your sense of style!

Collette Osuna said...

Cute blog....love it:)
Im your newest follower....looking forward to seeing more:)

playing hooksies said...

Yea, I'm 5'9 with an inseam of 37 inches, so I know how it goes finding skirts. That one looks great on you :)

http://playinghooksies.blogspot.com/

ilovefashion said...

great outfit! x