Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My shoes contain more wood than this entire forest.

In light of yesterday's obvious realization regarding my animal need for some kind of headgear, I decided to forgo it. Naturally, I had to grab my head as promised immediately.



Scarf: vintage Ferragamo, from Grandma
Owl pendant: Forever21
Navy shift dress: thrifted
Gold leaf cuff: antique store
Jeffrey Campbell platforms

I took the photos at the edge of my local forest preserve. The neighbors were out and I assume that daily outfit photo shoots would be an odd sight indeed.

The shoes are Jeffrey Campbell, and are the tallest I've ever owned. I very nearly clear 6'4" in them. For perspective, consult the following photo:



That is me posing with basketball legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. I guess, in hindsight, I did find it a bit odd that he was mulling around a forest preserve in Illinois, but he wanted to be in the photo, you know?







My camera was dead and my mom obliged me by taking these photos on her iPhone. I missed the explosion of these devices whilst overseas, and was naturally inclined to fiddle around with it while in the passenger's seat. These doohickies are complicated. I am a bit surprised they stop short of chewing your food for you.







Fun fact: that is what my face looks like at rest.

12 comments:

WendyB said...

What lipstick are you wearing? Love it.

Girl With Kaleidoscope Eyes said...

Thanks for the comment, and yes, he is such a cute puppy! Love the lipstick in this post!
Truly yours,
Rachel

mona said...

Adorable outfit! Your shoes are fantastic along with the scarf and owl pendant. The iPhone candids are too cute! Loved the Kareem Abdul-Jabbar sighting! :)

Natasha the whimsical nerd said...

Thanks ladies. :)

WendyB, the lipstick is MAC Russian Red...and I love it so much I basically want to smear it all over my face.

Leilani said...

Wow, you've been good about recording/posting your outfits daily, I'm such a lazy blogger in comparison! I also use MAC lipstick, in Viva Glam. Do you do anything to 'prep' your lips so they don't get dry/it lasts longer? Sadly I only started wearing lipstick in the past 6 months (used lip tint for years) so am new to all of this!

Also, my friend Emily who writes on http://livinvintage.blogspot.com will be visiting the weekend of August 12-14. We'll be having many vintage adventures and there are a few other vintage Chicago-area bloggers who will be meeting up with us too, YAY!

AsianCajuns (Lar) said...

You look gorgeous with those pops of red! And those shoes... amazing! Though my wooden-soled Fryes are a challenge for me to walk in, so I might have to stick with man-made materials from now on.

Ruta, Look Ugly in a Photograph said...

Wow. I think you look gorgeous. I LOVE, WANT, NEED to to have hair like you. It's so long and pretty.

Great outfit. Nice touch with the lipstick matching the shoes.

Clara said...

lovely look!

Sarah said...

i love the scarf and your owl necklace! so adorable! great blog dear xxxx

Not a Paper Cup said...

They may do, but they are wonderful shoes! :)

Megan Mae said...

Now I know why Russian Red by MAC is rec'd so much. It's a fabulous color. It looks great on you! Also your hair is gorgeous.

sharonlei said...

Love that your got the JC Splendid in red. Looks great on you. I have them in black and tan. Ha ha I couldn't decide which one to get, so I just got both. :)

xx Love & Aloha