Friday, July 30, 2010

I wilt in the sun and long for more fabric

In the dog-dead of summer, I find myself wishing like mad that layering season is approaching. I miss tights and jackets. My standards get more and more skewed. I wore this outfit out when it was in the low 80s, and though my pride is at stake I suppose I must admit that I was none too pleased when the sun beat down on my back.



Headband: H&M
Earrings: Forever 21
Necklace: gift
Cherry tank: Limited, circa 2001
Tuxedo jacket: H&M
Skirt: Carson's
Platforms: Steve Madden





The light was not on my side. The sun really offended me yesterday. I ultimately had to de-friend it on facebook.

9 comments:

Sheila said...

I like your humour - and you have a great style. Count me as a fan!

And that is a lovely house you are in.

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog - I really appreciate it. :)

Cheers,
Sheila

Ruta, Look Ugly in a Photograph said...

I love the print on your skirt. it's so pretty.

Ashley said...

I miss layering too, but the truth is sometimes it is just TOO HOT! Although this weekend has been cooler (much appreciated, weather gods). Very cute look! I like how you toned down the animal print skirt - often animal print just takes over an outfit. You're making me miss my blazers!

xoxo, Ashley

Elaine said...

You look amazing! I love the print of the skirt. Those heels are amazing.

clothed much, a modest fashion blog

The Fashion Moodboard said...

Great look! Just discovered your blog and absolutely love it! Your style is amazing!
xoxo
thefashionmoodboard.blogspot.com

Not a Paper Cup said...

cool outfit :)..really love the shoes.

laura said...

super-cute outfit! and it's great to see you're back. (:

Kelly said...

Can I ask for more details about your hair? I love how it looks puffier behind the headband, but I can't seem to ever figure out how to get that volume.

clothes lady said...

i LOVE this outfit!

thanks for commenting on my blog.