Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Brain bedazzling

I appear as if I am about to reprimand my shadow.



Feather flower headband: Forever 21
Shades: Target
Top: H&M
Vintage skirt: thrifted
Slingback heels: Target

...actually, I just wanted you to get the best view of the headband. It is very important, upon leaving one's house, to put something a bit batty upon one's head.







Indeed, I am usually driven to put something on my noggin. Those of you who read my blog back in '08 may remember my severe beret phase. Before that, I think I left the house in a headband or barrette so often that I had a permanent headache from the temple pinching. Now I am deeply enamored with fascinators and headbands with odd doodads hanging off of them.

I have thick, clunky hair that gets all up in my proverbial grill. All the time. Furthermore, I fidget like a felon. As you may imagine, these two issues collide in a most unsavory way, and I can easily be found spending an entire evening with my hands all over my head. Twirling, twisting, pushing, knotting, anything-ing. Perhaps adorning my head is my method of anchoring it so that I am less inclined to mess with my hair all the time.

...that, and it keeps the ideas from escaping.

8 comments:

Val said...

love the skirt and flower. so cute xx

Terri said...

I like the headband, though I thought it was a miniature umbrella at first.

Ruta, Look Ugly in a Photograph said...

Love your skirt. It has such a funky print.

Sabina said...

What a sweet blog! :))
Come visit mine hon, I think (hope :)) you'll really like it! I can't wait to hear from you!

Have a nice day!
xxx

Kasmira said...

Oh, yes...it's essential to wear something batty on the head!

Kelly said...

Oh I love this! And the skirt is too pretty.

Eyeliah said...

It is batty, adore it!

mona said...

Your headband reminds me of a mini satellite. So perfect for a Natasha the Spy look! Fab, as always!