Saturday, July 5, 2008

A mini adventure in Asian Vogues

Sometimes it is fun to visit fashion websites or blogs in languages you cannot read, and simply click on things until you find pictures you like. Such was the case today as I wandered through the sites of Vogue Nippon (Japan,) Vogue Taiwan and Vogue India (though the Vogue India site is actually in English.)

Many features actually cross over internationally - trend reports and celebrity fashion features, for instance. But I did manage to find some street style stars on the Taiwan and Japan editions.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

...But I got most excited upon my discovery of an Indian designer I had never heard of named Rohit Bal, who apparently is rather well-known internationally and I just may be the last gushy fashion fiend to hear about him. His latest fashion show in New Dehli was so delightfully wacky. He mught actually be my hero. The metallic gowns are made of actual metal - an interweaving of eight types of metal including copper and - get this - gun metal. Gun metal. As in, there exists in life the opportunity to wear a dress that enjoyed a former life as a freaking weapon. I want to, like, walk my dog in it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Fierce.

20 comments:

Nadine said...

Asian girl have such a great style :).

Vintage Vinyl said...

I love the street style. Amazing! And those runway pieces? They are totally crazy!

bestie said...

i've never heard of him either but his designs are stunning!

Mikkle said...

awesome! and it looks like the models in india eat :P

The Clothes Horse said...

I love the street style in Japan. Many people don't realize how diverse it is, but there's nearly every group represented and nearly all of the young people dress to the max!

Tavi said...

gjskuaesudfnjcx that designer made my life!

Isabel said...

Street style + gun metal = some hot hot shit.

AsianCajuns said...

How awesome! Thanks for sharing those pics- I had never heard of him either! I'm inspired to search those sites, I can get very western-centric.

Ivy Frozen said...

So, we could have more guns or we can use the metal to make awesome dresses. I think you know where my vote is. I love the style of the far and middle east.

CoedUgly said...

Hey! We love your blog and it would be lovely if you could link to us!

http://www.chictopia.com/user/blog/CoedUgly

xoxo,
annabel & linda

Miss Woo said...

I'm actually quite ashamed (since I'm Taiwanese) that I have no idea where to find Taiwanese Street Style. Wonderful photos you posted!

Jimena said...

I know everyone always raves about the uberly stylish nordic bloggers but let me say... Asian girls have got style coming out of every pore of their tiny bodies.

zlsky said...

Navy sniperswow goldfatally shotwow goldthree pirateswow goldholding an Americanwow goldcargo-ship captain

zlsky said...

hostage afterdofus kamasseeing thatkamas dofusone of the pirates dofus kamas"had an kamas dofusAK-47 leveledacheter dofusat thebuy kamascaptain'sacheter kamasback

zlsky said...

a military world of warcraft goldofficial said Sunday.cheap wow goldCapt.wow orRichard Phillips,wow power levelingright,world of warcraft goldstands withwow poU.S. Navy Cmdr.wow orFrankbuy wow goldCastellano aftercheap wow goldPhillips' wow power levelingrescue Sunday. wow powerleveling1 of 3dofus kamasThe captain,kamas dofuswho'd beenLord of the Rings Online Goldheld inLOTRO Golda lifeboatLOTR Goldin the flyff moneyIndian Oceanflyff penyasincebuy flyff goldWednesday,ffxi gilwas rescuedbuy ffxi giluninjud, Final Fantasy XI gilNavy Vice buy Warhammer goldAdm. BillWarhammer goldGortney EverQuest 2 goldtoldeq2 platreporters.

zlsky said...

Capt. Richardwow goldPhillips' ship,wow goldthe Maerskwow goldAlabama,wow goldwas stormed wow goldby pirateswow gold300 miles off

zlsky said...

Somalia on dofus kamasWednesday morning. kamas dofusHe was acheter kamas"resting comfortably"dofus kamas on thekamas dofusUSS Boxeracheter kamasafter his dofus kamasrescue Sundaykamas dofusnight, buy kamasaccordingdofus kamasto the Navy.kamas dofusPhillipsachat kamascontacted his dofus kamasAK-47 rifles,kamas dofuswere killedacheter des kamasby shooters

prasanna said...

Oh if you like Rohit Bal...I think you should check out Manish Arora's collections...he's the original whimsical indian designer: http://www.manisharora.ws/

andrea said...

great pics

Suzanne said...

how amazing!
xx