Thursday, June 5, 2008

Victory: I actually got dressed today

I am in the middle of a particularly demanding finals week, and I considered it a major accomplishment that I actually wore something worth posting today.

If I could only finish my papers...

papers, papers

Headband: H&M
Vintage silk scarf: from my grandma
Black tee: H&M
Skirt: F21
Polka dot tights: Target
Pink knee socks: F21
Mary jane pumps: Payless

The skirt was a super cheap Forever21 score. It was only $10.50...a total impulse buy when I was on the way out. It was so cheap and just a skirt, so I bought it without trying it on. I love the shape of it. I have been searching for a few more solid color items, because sometimes I feel as if my closet is so chock-full of prints that I can't actually wear any two things together. I may start by nabbing this skirt in another color or two. Mustard, perhaps?

Photobucket

One last piece of advice: If you live in Chicago and are walking around in a skirt made of something that isn't, oh, chain mail, make sure it has reliable lining. You'll be relieved it does when the wind catapults the whole darn thing straight above your waist line.

This one is adequately lined. But others have not been...

22 comments:

WendyB said...

I'm not used to seeing you without a beret!

annabananna said...

nice outfit! i really like the skirt and your scarf. and yes please, get it in mustard! looks great.

Hailey @ stylesymmetry.com said...

Oh I love those skirts no F21 in Canada unfortunately.

Caitlin said...

That skirt is so cute and perfect! Good luck on your final paper(s)!

August said...

You look so great in red! And you really remind me of Anne Hathaway. I've thought that before but particularly in this picture.

Pretty Pirate said...

Yaaa! I had been wondering about you. I have seen those shorter leggings and had no idea what they would look like on, and you wear them so well. Nicely done as usual, lady!!

Nadine said...

I really like your skirt and the scarf - but I agree with Wendy - where's the beret? ;)

saray said...

really cute outfit..

Squishybubble said...

Cute outfit!! I have the same skirt in blue. The mustard one would more than likely be amazing, so I would say get it!

The Clothes Horse said...

Oh, I hate the wind. Seriously, why is there always wind???

Miss Woo said...

Those pink socks are so cute, and I looking forward to seeing the mustard skirt in action!

Lil' Puch said...

Love your style girl!!
Good Look on your finals!
Look you have one of my favorite blogs, and im just starting my own, this is it: http://littlepuchoflove.blogspot.com/
Thanx for the ideas!!

Lady Language said...

Oh, that skirt is too cute! In fact, I saw this on their website and almost got one. Good luck with finals!

She's Dressing Up said...

I love the knee socks!!

Nay'Chelle said...

Nice outfit! I really like it. You made me reconsider that skirt from Forever 21. Hardly any of my skirts have reliable lining that can stand up to the wind.

Stephanie said...

Damn I so know what you mean, I hate walking around in skirts sans tights 'cause they ALWAYS blow up. My solution is usually to wear gold lame' bike shorts underneath..

(R)evolver74 said...

omg i have that skirt in black...i always end up getting a bit hot and bothered when i wear it in HOT weather because of the lining. OR MAYBE BECAUSE THE ONE I HAVE IS BLACK HAHAHHA.

Have you checked out the Michigan Ave F21 yet?

terren said...

cute skirt! i'm going to go look for one myself. good deal, too :)

AsianCajuns said...

You look awesome as always! I'm currently coveting a F21 skirt in a mustard and white pattern, complete with black belt... sooo tempting!

Natasha said...

pretty pirate: I am actually wearing tights with pink knee socks. In real life I look whiter and the socks look pinker. :)

lil' puch: I'll check it out!

Natasha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anna-Maria said...

What a cute skirt, I wish we had Forever 21 here. :)