Friday, June 13, 2008

Party like a history major

I am officially finished with college, which is such a relief. I just returned from a cookout with several students from my history of the modern Balkans class, which was a suitably nerdy time. I was excited by the chance to wear my new dress. I won a random drawing on Lady Language for a gift certificate, and I chose the Francesca Dress in a heartbeat because I have been cyber-stalking it since I first saw it on the site.

summer!

Shades: Target
Dress: Lady Language
Belt: thrifted
White Tights: Wal-Mart
Mary jane pumps: Payless

I really adore this dress. The shape is perfect - it has a full, flowy skirt and pockets. It also comes with its own matching belt, but I wanted to work the contrast angle with a black belt to pick up the shoes. I also think it would look great in the winter with thick wooly tights and a sweater and scarf. It is retro in the best possible way! Michelle of Lady Language is so sweet and has terrific taste in dresses and skirts...every piece on the website is covet-worthy.

DSC01777

I finally got around to picking up a tube of the Russian Red Mac lipstick I mused about in this post. I think I am addicted. I want to wear it every day even though it is challenging to maintain and gets all over anything that touches it.

DSC01779

...I bet there aren't too many hamburger buns that get cherry red lipstick on them.

21 comments:

WendyB said...

All my hamburger buns do!

Lady Language said...

That is the sweetest post ever, thank you dear! The dress looks great on you and I think the black belt is a great addition. Congratulations on finishing school!

Wendy said...

The dress looks amazing on you! Congrats on graduating.

Lil' Puch said...

Congrats for your graduation!!
Amazing dress, that red lipstick looks lovely on your skin tone!!

Anonymous said...

Love those white tights...but i can't find them here...nowhere...

You are a beatiful girl.COngrats.

Nadine said...

Oh yesterday I wore white tights, too! Cute look and a pretty dress!

Dotti said...

Chapeau, chapeau, chapeau! You instantly look like a lady (actually you always do, but today even more)!

Svenske Floyd said...

Double congratulations: you graduated and you wrote your best blogpost ever ("But seriously .."), now could you honour us with a pic of your latest outfit, without the sunglasses?

annabananna said...

you look really pretty! the dress suits you so well, and i love the red lipstick on you. congrats on finishing college!

annabananna said...

you look really pretty! the dress suits you so well, and i love the red lipstick on you. congrats on finishing college!

Isabel said...

That outfit is fantastic! The dress suits you perfectly, as does the mary janes and lipstick. Congrats on finishing school!!!

Vintage Vinyl said...

Gorgeous dress, and I love the outfit! Don't you just adore Payless shoes?
Thanks for introducing me to Lady Language, they have great pieces.

Amelia said...

I love the dress! I think the black belt was a good choice. lol, I always part like a history major. Congratulations.

Hailey @ stylesymmetry.com said...

You look so beautiful here, love the print on yout dress.

Pretty Pirate said...

That dress looks so great on you, with your skin tone and that great shade of lipstick. You look gorgeous darling! Congrats on being done with college, that is a huge accomplishment.

-annabanana- said...

I love your lipstick. It suits you really well. Can I know the brand and color? Thanks...

Tavi said...

I would cyber-stalk that dress too! It's fabulous. Congrats on graduating :)

Fashion Is Poison said...

so wish i could pull of red lipstick

1234 said...

congrats on being done college! i love that lipstick colour.

Anonymous said...

Cool

tailcoat said...

Really cool I enjoy reading your post thanks for sharing.