Saturday, June 14, 2008

Header, shoulders knees and toes

My previous header was really sad. Compared to headers on other blogs, I felt like the third grader who actually made her own diorama instead of handing the whole project off to a parent who happens to be Frank Gehry.

Lovely reader Jodie doctored me up a new one a while ago and I finally put it up. The background is a series of my outfit shots. I felt a bit odd about heading my blog with a series of photos of me, because despite the fact that this is largely a personal style blog, I don't mean for it to be a forum for self-congratulation.

Thus, I thought I'd be a bit silly and pull a Rene Magritte and cover my face with green apples in a reference to his painting "The Son of Man."

Photobucket

Thanks Jodie!

6 comments:

The Clothes Horse said...

Really fun header.

Hailey @ stylesymmetry.com said...

Oh I really love it, I need a new header too - lol!

Lil' Puch said...

Fantastic header!!

a cat of impossible colour said...

The header is great! Just to let you know, though, in my Firefox browser the header cuts off the heading and first paragraph of text of your first post and is off-centre ... it may just be my computer, but if it's a browser issue there may be a way to fix it.

Isabel said...

I LOVE your new header!! Thanks for the email, and remember to take Hipster Musings off your links list and switch it to riot grrl!

Cindy said...

Your new header is great. The apples are a wonderful addition!