Monday, June 9, 2008

Doctored realities

This article from The Independent discusses the issue of airbrushing and other photo-editing techniques in the media. For any photo in the realm of fashion photography, rampant use of photoshop is the norm. Images are manipulated to make women look younger, taller, or thinner. Their skin is revolutionized to produce a more beautiful tone, complexion and evenness. Blemishes, freckles and lines are banished to yield a new and fantasized reality.

What effect does photoshopping have on women? I, for one, think any photo editing is wrong. It perpetuates impossible beauty standards and makes women feel inadequate. We are all beautiful and should embrace our flaws as much as our assets. We should try to share and celebrate realities with photos, not deny them.

...By the way, here I am modeling my new bikini:

Photobucket

15 comments:

Hannah Bee said...

You are absolutely right. Photo editing creates impossibly high standards that we all feel we need to reach. Great post!
And sexy swimsuit.

Ranna said...

I agree completely!

P.S. You look totally hot in your new bikini.

Hailey @ stylesymmetry.com said...

I would love for women to be shown as we truly are, and now get breast implants etc etc. In the future I imagine it will unfortunately keep getting worse.

WendyB said...

You look hot. What is your workout regimen? You must do Pilates. Do you recommend the Master Cleanse?

Hannah Bee said...

It is see-through. But if you have nice underwear on, who cares? :D

K.Line said...

LOL! K

(R)evolver74 said...

FFS that's brilliant!!

Lady Language said...

I am so jealous of you in your bikini that I am going to starve myself now...and yes, it's too bad women have to live with these standards.

Lady Language said...

p.s. you won our contest this week...yay!

Stephanie said...

Super hot, I especially love the beret. New beach trend? Haha.

AsianCajuns said...

Well said and shown! Thanks for posting this!

little parisienne said...

i absolutely agree, sometimes it totally went wrong and the person look so terribly unnormal... ps: i <3 your red beret!^^

Lil' Puch said...

Well said girl, we are all beautiful!!!

Spandexpony said...

I have been thinking a bit about this, too, especially now that I am nearly good enough at Photoshop to make myself look a little better than I am. I don't though (erase blemishes or make myself thinner, etc), because I think that's what makes the blogs so great: the variety, "imperfection" and diversity in faces and bodies, all dressed to beautiful and creative effect. They are much more useful for inspiration than any magazine's "dress for your body type" article modeled by tall, thin models. Lucky is a habitual offender in that arena...

ed said...

6K聊天室,080中部人聊天室,聊天室交友,成人聊天室,中部人聊天室,情色聊天室,AV女優,AV,A片,情人薇珍妮,愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖,情色文學,色情小說,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,AIO交友愛情館,情色電影,一葉情貼圖片區,色情遊戲

言情小說,情色論壇,色情網站,微風成人,成人電影,嘟嘟成人網,成人,成人貼圖,成人交友,成人圖片,18成人,成人小說,成人圖片區,微風成人區,成人網站,免費影片,色情影片,自拍,hilive,做愛,微風成人,微風論壇,AIO

情趣用品,情色,成人,A片,自拍

情趣用品,色情,成人影片,色情影片,免費A片

情趣用品,成人網站,A片下載,日本AV,做愛

情趣用品,美女交友,A片,辣妹視訊,情色視訊

情趣用品,色情聊天室,聊天室,AV,成人電影