Monday, May 26, 2008

(Variants of) taupe and black

These days I am attracted to the color combination of taupe/beige/cream/nude and black. It has an antiquated, art deco feel to it.

On the ladies:

Photobucket

I love the simplicity of the black. The cream scarf really pops. Also: why do I not leave the house every day looking like a freaking fairy tale?


Photobucket

Poets have literally died trying to describe that umbrella.


Photobucket

Someone needs to compose an opera praising this neckline. I need to scour my apartment to find my opera writing hat.

(photos courtesy of copenhagen street style, the facehunter and liebemarlene vintage.)

Up for grabs:

Photobucket

Think of how much better this Target top would look on a person with an entire head.

Photobucket

These Forever21 lovelies would look too cute with something ruffle-y, flowy, or otherwise cutesy. F21 tends to make cute shoes, but they only go up to a size 9...we freak shows are shut out in the proverbial cold.

Photobucket

Oy. I can lust after things from Topshop all I want, but the exchange rate simply does not permit me to indulge. If I were to travel to England, I could use a roll of American $100 bills to prop up the leg of a wobbly chair and it would still be more economical than actually spending them.

...on another note, thank you for all of the kind words in response to my last post. I am not sure about blogging while I am gone, and won't be able to say for sure once I am actually there and can assess accommodations at my site. In either case, I am here until the end of September and will continue to blog!

16 comments:

annabananna said...

i totally agree with you. that combination looks so sophisticated and stylish. love the topshop shoes...

Kimberly said...

I love those Forever 21 shoes, and since I am right on the cusp of being a freak show perhaps I should indulge and buy a pair!

The Clothes Horse said...

I so agree. The first lady is pure love.

Hailey @ stylesymmetry.com said...

I love this combination too, although so rarely pull it out (off). :-)

Times of Glory said...

I love the combination of various neutral tones... they are very pretty, elegant and quite creative ... The photos are very very pretty xx

Fashion Slacker said...

love the looks!

Paris said...

God love Topshop, if I moved away from the uk, that is on of the things I would miss most! x

WendyB said...

That first photo is gorgeous.

Isabel said...

Ooh yes, this is quite nice. i love the umbrella outfit and those F21 shoes!

Lady Language said...

Lovely post. I have stuffed my feet into size 9 F21 shoes and they worked for a short time. I feel your pain as I am size 10 (but am shrinking to a 9.5 in my old age). hehe

Misguided Ventures said...

The umbrella is to die for!

Super Kawaii Mama said...

That second outfit is pure perfection! So Bright Young Thing. These are all the colour combinations that I will forever associate with Chanel.

August said...

You are right, this color combination speaks of a romantic vintage. I love the photos!

Zoë said...

love it!

maebytonight said...

yeah, i wear a size 10 shoe... siiiigh.

a side order of style said...

"Think of how much better this Target top would look on a person with an entire head."

you have no idea how much that made me laugh.
i love the umbrella. i should be one of the poets who die trying to describe it...er...i think i`ll prefer to admire it & stay alive.

-jae