Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Pants!

I am not generally inclined to wear pants. Sure, I have a few pairs. I have endured countless upsetting shopping trips with the aim of aquiring jeans. I used to wear them more, especially during my freshman year of college when everyone else was wearing sweats and I figured I had to follow suit. At some point I was struck with the glorious revelation that I have a huge collection of skirts and dresses that I love, so why not wear them as much as I can?

Also, I don't usually find pants that work for me. My body type is straight out of the 1950s. I'll always be an hourglass, and a tall one. As soon as I find pants that make my hips look acceptable, they often barely skim my ankle. Some stores offer long sizes, (Gap is my go-to for jeans for this reason,) but I am generally out of luck.

The high waist/wide leg trend worked itself through my system in the same way that many trends do - at first I am at best indifferent, then a bit smitten. Still, I wasn't planning on trying this trend until I found these at Urban Outfitters for $9.99 on clearance, which equated to about 85% off. Many people advise never to buy something on clearance that you wouldn't want at full price. I say, fie on them. Things I will buy at full retail price are things that are very much my style, which is wonderful. For a clearance item, I am willing to go outside of my comfort zone and try something new. Fashion is, after all, about experimentation, yes?

So, I kind of like these pants. I had to lug around infinity books today (literally, I counted) and had to spend the day in flats. In the future I'd wear them with a low heel (ideally a high one, but I want to avoid the 'wading in a pool' look) and a non-button down. The fact that the button-down blouse's fabric was a bit stiff meant that the shirt bunched up a bit above the waistline and gave the appearance of belly roll that I don't actually have (not up at my rib cage, anyway.)

the pants party

Beret: thrifted
Blouse: H&M
Pants: Urban Outfitters
Bow-toe flats: Target

Ah, and I would also rather wear these on a less blustery day. The wind had plenty of wiggle room inside of these and made my legs look like they were deflating.

18 comments:

WendyB said...

Great look for you!

Natalie said...

cute pants! i feel your pain with regard to pants shopping though; i never have any luck either.

K.Line said...

I think they look fab on you. And I like you idea about using the serious sales to step outside your comfort zone. K

L. said...

Pants are scary, but those look great. I looooove the buttons. I have a pair of grey, h-w pants too and I know what you mean about voluminous pants + any level of wind.

Heather said...

Those are wonderful pants! I love yellow and gray together--it's unexpected, but it works so well together!

I hate pants too. I'm avoiding them till October.

Lady Language said...

The bold color of the beret and shoes really balance the whole look and make it work. I don't like high waisted pants on myself because I am also hippy and short waisted, but these look brilliant on you! I live in jeans and find it harder to wear skirts although I love them!

Hailey @ stylesymmetry.com said...

Love pale yellow with a bright color and those pants are a great neutral!

Svenske Floyd said...

Great pants! I like the whole outfit a lot. Think "Greta Garbo".

Nadine said...

Great pants :) - you should wear them more often!

August said...

I think the pants look great on you. I had the same though as Floyd, you look very Garbo, with the beret and pants!

Sanna said...

Amazing pants! One of the best high-waisters I've seen. I'm an hourglass myself as well, and I just can't wear trousers. I can't remember the last time I had pants on outside gym or jogging paths, prolly in winter 2006.

Kasmira said...

I detest pants. These are so flattering on your figure!

Pretty Pirate said...

Those pants are super cute on you, and no you don't look like you have a "belly roll", you crazy lady! I want to go to UO now and find some!

I'm 5'10 and have the same prob with pants. However, right now I am in love with my high waited jeans by hudson. They cover up all the "rolls" and are very slimming. Every time i wear them my Bf comments on them being cute. I also feel that skirts and dresses are more fitting to women's bodies and generally look better. I guess it depends on the cut of the pants, which is so important.

You look great as always!!

Lady Smaggle said...

Oh my god. Want. Your. Pants. Now.

- said...

I just found you today from thevintagesociety and I love it!

You look fantastic.
And I wholeheartedly agree about Urban Outfitter pants at outrageous prices that you might as well try & buy and find you like anyhow. :-)

Miss Woo said...

Those are the perfect, perfect wide trousers!

Mikkle said...

ooo! the pants are fabulous! all the wide leg pants that i try on always are too long and i either have to wear heels or hem them. but you're the perfect height for them! (and totally agree about the clearance racks! you can try and buy crazy stuff and if they don't work out and you never use them, then you've only wasted a few bucks)

ed said...

一夜情聊天室,一夜情,情色聊天室,情色,美女交友,交友,AIO交友愛情館,AIO,成人交友,愛情公寓,做愛影片,做愛,性愛,微風成人區,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人影片,成人,成人貼圖,18成人,成人圖片區,成人圖片,成人影城,成人小說,成人文章,成人網站,成人論壇,情色貼圖,色情貼圖,色情A片,A片,色情小說,情色小說,情色文學,寄情築園小遊戲, 情色A片,色情影片,AV女優,AV,A漫,免費A片,A片下載

情色,A片,AIO,AV,日本AV,色情A片,AV女優,A漫,免費A片,A片下載,情色A片,哈啦聊天室,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,色情聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080視訊聊天室,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,免費視訊聊天,上班族聊天室,080中部人聊天室,視訊聊天室,視訊聊天,成人聊天室,一夜情聊天室,辣妹視訊,情色視訊,成人,成人影片,成人光碟,成人影城,自拍

A片,AIO,AV,日本AV,色情A片,AV女優,A漫,AIO交友愛情館,線上A片,免費A片,A片下載,情色A片,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,成人影片,成人光碟,成人影城,成人交友,愛情公寓,色情聊天室,情色貼圖,色情,色情影片,做愛,情色,哈啦聊天室,聊天室,UT聊天室,豆豆聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080視訊聊天室,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,自拍,性愛

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,A片,A片,情色,A片,A片,情色,情趣用品,情趣用品,A片,A片,情色,情色

情色視訊,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,視訊聊天室,視訊交友網,免費視訊聊天,視訊交友90739,視訊,免費視訊,情人視訊網,視訊辣妹,影音視訊聊天室,視訊交友,視訊聊天,免費視訊聊天室,成人視訊,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,色情聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,上班族聊天室,小高聊天室