Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Non-handbag handbags

I have noticed several innovative babes carting their personal affects in things that were not made with the express purpose of existing as handbags, such as small pieces of luggage and work portfolios.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

...or, if you are feeling daring and a.) never drop things and b.) never carry tampons, then you could even try a basket:

Photobucket

(All photos courtesy of Face Hunter and Hel-Looks)

I am intrigued. What could I do but do an eBay search for vintage items-that-are-not-actually-handbags-but-could-be?

Vintage carry-on luggage
Pro: You'll look like a jet-setter.
Con: Tricky to open on the fly.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Vintage doctor's bags
Pro: There is a special slot for your scalpel.
Con: You do not actually have a scalpel.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Vintage bowling bags
Pro: The shoe compartment means you can stash a pair of emergency flats for times when heels turn your feet into bloody stumps.
Con: Virtually no compartments for anything else.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Vintage lunch boxes
Pro: According to studies, having an accessory that features a kitschy animated character triples the quantity of your friends.
Con: Bullies will try to steal your dunkaroos.


Photobucket

Photobucket

20 comments:

AsianCajuns said...

Oooo, what an awesome post! That is totally inspiring and I feel kinda narrow-minded carrying around my Urban Outfitters purse (kind of the opposite end of the spectrum). I'm particularly feeling that basket look for the summer!

providentstyle said...

I love these so much, especially the last big leather bag. Hopefully I'll stumble upon one while thrifting someday soon!

Elissa said...

Woah. That flowered carry-on is to die for! And that tooled bowling bag is treading Lebowski territory. I'm seriously in love!

Amelia said...

I love the bowling bags and lunch boxes. I'll definitely be looking out for such things next time I thrift.

E said...

I carry a 60s bowling bag around all of the time! Granted it's mostly used for Day Trips and the like (usually I carry only my chapstick, wallet, and phone: pocket stuff), but I think it's fantastic. Plus it's a super-rad green. How could one not be in love with this style?

Hailey @ stylesymmetry.com said...

I am totally lovin the luggage, only thing is these have 'handles' and I prefer staps so I can sling it over the shoulder. At any rate, I am constantly using my big handled luggage bag. :-)

Mer said...

jajaja, I love the pacman box!!!

capturedlife said...

they look all so great! good picks!

maebetonight said...

Actually I usually carry a vintage doctor's bag as my purse! It's got a great shape to it, and a cute handle.... and there's a nice amount of small pockets on the inside. I found it at a consignment shop and it's easily the best item ever!

WendyB said...

One could always acquire a scalpel!

Nadine said...

Oh what a great post. I would love to wear a hat box as a handbag!

Stephanie said...

I love them all!

fashion Chalet said...

LOVE your outfit at the top
so very parisian chic in fall!

Chocoholic said...

I have a burlap, basmati rice bag with a handle on the top that I use for a purse at times. I get compliments on it and it's always like, "Yeah, it came from Sam's. It had the rice in it but I we ate all the rice." I've had it for awhile.

Tavi said...

I really love the floral one, the bowling ones, and the pacman lunchbox. I have a Beatles Yellow Submarine lunchbox, and now after reading this post I will probably use it as a handbag! Thanks for the inpspiration, and I really love your blog.

(R)evolver74 said...

4Th girl with the schoolboy satchel: I've been wanting one of those for ages!! Preferably battered and well-used looking.

Isabel said...

The bag in the first picture - is it vintage needlepoint? Oh my, it is beautiful.

ShopDownLite.com said...

I love the pac man lunch box - would totally want one.

Thomas said...

The time for luggage has returned. Mongrammed luggage, luggage that takes the five largest cows of Europe to make. Away with the synthetics, away with the damned trollies. Luggage.

(The preceding has been brought to you by the fine folks at LVMH. When considering a matching set of luggage, why not look at Louis Vuitton? Thank you.)

ed said...

A片,A片,成人網站,成人影片,色情,情色網,情色,AV,AV女優,成人影城,成人,色情A片,日本AV,免費成人影片,成人影片,SEX,免費A片,A片下載,免費A片下載,做愛,情色A片,色情影片,H漫,A漫,18成人

a片,色情影片,情色電影,a片,色情,情色網,情色,av,av女優,成人影城,成人,色情a片,日本av,免費成人影片,成人影片,情色a片,sex,免費a片,a片下載,免費a片下載,成人網站,做愛,自拍

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品
情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品.情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣.
視訊聊天室

情色,AV女優,UT聊天室,聊天室,A片,視訊聊天室


UT聊天室,視訊聊天室,辣妹視訊,視訊辣妹,情色視訊,視訊,080視訊聊天室,視訊交友90739,美女視訊,視訊美女,免費視訊聊天室,免費視訊聊天,免費視訊,視訊聊天室,視訊聊天,視訊交友網,視訊交友,情人視訊網,成人視訊,哈啦聊天室,UT聊天室,豆豆聊天室,
聊天室,聊天,色情聊天室,色情,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,柔情聊天網,小高聊天室,上班族聊天室,080中部人聊天室,中部人聊天室,成人聊天室,成人