Thursday, April 24, 2008

Life in black and white

I wasn't feeling too creative today, but I did want to wear my new dress. I got it for super cheap on eBay, which barely ever happens anymore. The photos of it were so poor that I almost passed it up myself, but then decided to enter a low bid just in case. I won, and the dress is so much better in person. That is my favorite eBay cheat - find the auctions with the poorly written pages (my friend once won a vintage dres!) and bad photos, and use your powers of deduction.

colorless

Headband: H&M
Vintage 60s dress: eBay
Tights: Target
Brogues: Wal-Mart

12 comments:

Brittany(aka Ruby) said...

I think it's a great look~!black and white can be creative with the right spin as you've done here.

Nadine said...

Ooooh very interessting - the dress is so pretty!

Isabel said...

Oh my GOD. That dress is so beautiful! Congrats on the cheap win!

maebetonight said...

Oooh, poorly written ebay auctions are the BEST! Congratulations, it looks awesome!

Kristina Marie said...

I love the simplicity of this outfit.

(R)evolver74 said...

I like the lace collar and cuffs, a bit french maid-ish...

Amelia said...

Ooh, I like it. Kind of reminds me of Blair from Gossip Girl--in a good way.

Hailey @ stylesymmetry.com said...

I got so many crinolins that way - lol. :-) It's true, the items listed well with lots of pictures, fat chance!

Mikkle said...

love the shoes!! from walmart?! i can never find good stuff there!

Unwise Pedestrian said...

That dress is amazing. You look great!

dreamecho said...

congrats on the cheap win! the dress is fabulous, you could get very "chloe sevigny for opening ceremony" with it... ;)

little parisienne said...

oh what a cute outfit! i love the white accents on the dress & your lovely smile!^^