Thursday, April 17, 2008

Lazy chic

I am off to campus for class and some work, but I graduate in less than two months and am feeling less motivated than I ever have in recent memory. I am still getting good grades, but I am pretty much doing the bare minimum to get the 'A' and then forgetting about it. I hope senioritis doesn't come with open sores or wheezing.

This blue trapeze dress is an unexpected favorite of mine. It was a total impulse buy during a lunch break a few months ago, which rarely makes the transition into wardrobe elite. This dress is so easy and fun - it is a solid color and gives me plenty of wiggle room (ie. it is forgiving of my few extra winter pounds.) So many of my things are patterned and harder to accessorize...I am definitely on the hunt for cute solids.

DSC01752

Purple beret: a flea market in Paris
Vintage silk scarf: from my grandma
Black turtleneck: thrifted
Blue trapeze dress: H&M
Black tights: Target
Yellow knee socks: Forever21
Patent mary-jane pumps: Payless

...and, as always, I was torn about facial expression and pose.

slacking off is the new black

17 comments:

Cate said...

i like your first facial expression/pose best ^^ and the scarf from your grandma is absolutely great! and it's cool that you bought your beret at a flea market in paris...sounds romantic..

Nadine said...

Oh the blue dress is so cute :). I love the big collection of hats you seem to own :).

WendyB said...

Aw, you look adorable.

MR style said...

what a risky look !! definitely fearless

missie.eng said...

I am so jealous of your beret. The blue/purple is cute, but then you throw in the demented yellow which makes it REALLY EXCITING.

(P. S. You've been tagged!)

Elissa said...

adorable dress!!! I just gotta get to that H&M!!! (located no, not downtown near me, but at some lame mall 20 miles away!!!)

Mer said...

I really like all the outfit and attitude!

Miss Woo said...

The dress has such a cute shape, esp layer with the over the knee socks!

simply.steph said...

defintely a hot outfit. i try to limit my usage of the word hot because its too paris-esque but yes, im going to splurge and say it is.

Isabel said...

Pigtails! Oh gosh, so cute.

Hailey @ stylesymmetry.com said...

I thought I commented? something about fabulous knee socks, wonderful style, blah blah blah - lol :-) Have a good weekend!

Jello on Springs said...

i never know how to pose either, i always come out looking all smug or making weird hand movements. Love the purple beret, i specifically wanted a purple one this past winter but never found one.

AsianCajuns said...

I love all those colors and the tights look great!

Heather said...

1. Cute dress!
2. Love the shoes!
3. Congratulations on graduating!

JuliAM said...

i love the purple and blue together!

Wendy said...

You look cute in that beret and the blue dress.

Dotti said...

You look stunning.