Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Italian glamour

I think I was going for a bit of a Sophia Loren look today, so I decided to strike a siren-y wiggle pose. It was kind of awkward and I had no clue what to do with my face.

a bit wiggly

Headband: Charlotte Russe
Vintage earrings: from my aunt (she wore them to a 70s themed party and didn't want them any more.)
Vintage Farragamo scarf: from my grandma
Tee: Old Navy
Vintage Escada Belt: from my grandma
Skirt: thrifted
Tights: CVS
Brogues: Wal-Mart

Here is a close-up of the belt, because you really have to see the little gold pineapples. I love fruit details on accessories.

Belt detail

I was inspired by the current Guess by Marciano ad campaign...the black and white print ads have been showing up in the likes of Vogue and Lucky, but I can't seem to find the image online. Let's just say that if I wasn't wearing this to class I would have been a bit vampier. Big waves and matte lipstick, perhaps?

22 comments:

Leilani said...

I love the red/yellow/white colour combination. The belt is great too, I need to find more belts as I keep wearing the same black stretchy belt with every outfit!

WendyB said...

Great outfit. Love the skirt with that belt.

Robin Claire said...

I love that skirt!!

Hailey @ stylesymmetry.com said...

You look stunning today, I adore the simple mix of colors (red, gold, cream and black) very well styled and 'glamour' indeeed. :-)

AsianCajuns said...

I'm always so impressed by your outfits. They are very inspiring. I've also been inspired by the new Guess ads for the exact same reason: Sophia Loren- ness. I think that kind of glamor with a touch of vamp needs to come back in style!

Miss Woo said...

You do indeed look very much like an old school screen siren, the red pencil skirt is very beautiful!

Nadine said...

I really like your hair-do today. You look amazing. The belt is really cute, too :).

Candice said...

so chic and i can see the sophia loren infuence

Isabel said...

Ooh, the Ferragamo scarf is wonderful!

Sheryl Wong said...

what a cute belt! I love the little pineapples on it! nice color too.

ambika said...

That belt is super adorable. Love the pineapples.

Anonymous said...

Could there ever be a better red? It's fabulous! And the closeup shows the skirt is knit, which is a bonus in my book. This winter is dragging on so I am appreciating the bright colors in this outfit.

Pamela said...

That belt is amazing. i love little quirky things like that.

Mikkle said...

totally love the outfit! the scarf and the pineapple belt makes it

Brittany(aka Ruby) said...

Very cute and the pose is almost spot on. I can definitely see the Sophia Loren influence.

August said...

Ohhhooo, I love that whole look on you. Vavoom. Great scarf and skirt. What a fashionable grandma you have you lucky bastard!I'm so envious.

Elissa said...

ooh lala!! Very sultry!

L. said...

Your belt is adorable... you always seem to include great little details in your outfits. I think the term is visually rich?

the iron chic said...

uhhh! The pineapple belt. This is exactly how I always try to convince my little Chilean friend to dress. I'm like, you should always look like a rich, South American mom from the 60's who serves cocktails at pool parties. Sometimes she indulges me....

puf! said...

"you're pretty
you're so pretty
why waste your time just sitting?"

s.

Stephanie said...

Oooh, I like the outfit idea almost as much as the outfit itself! I might try that sometime..

Rice and Beans Vintage Clothing said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this outfit!!!!!