Monday, April 7, 2008

A case of the blues

This weekend was mind-bogglingly beautiful. I took a long walk, went shopping and generally enjoyed the outside world without a jacket for the first time in months(besides, of couse, the 30 seconds a day I step out onto my balcony without a jacket for an outfit photo.) It was ultimately a bit of a tease though. Chillier today, rainy tomorrow. There is actually a joke in Chicago that our four seasons are Winter, Winter, Winter, and Fourth of July.

the blues

Beret with rosette: thrifted
Scarf, tied into bow: from Grandma
Necklace: also Grandma's old one
70s blouse: thrifted
Dress: thrifted
Tights: Kohl's
Boots: Target

...Oooh, and by the by: Here is a photo from the recent Chicago clothing swap of the bloggers present:

Photobucket

(Left to right: Michelle of Lady Language, Eve of Painfully Hip, Me, Amber of Painfully Hip, and Monica of The Midwasteland.)

Thanks to Eve and Amber for the photo, which I shamelessly copied and pasted.

18 comments:

Nadine said...

Oh when I look at you I wanna wear more blue, too! Amazing!

Leilani said...

I know what you mean about Chicago weather... I went for the first time without a jacket and leggings/tights since I moved here last summer! It was still pretty chilly/windy by the lakefront though... I was up north in Edgewater for some estate sales and it was freezing!

Lady Language said...

Awww...don't we look cute :) I was in Chicago again this weekend and it was warm finally! But I know what you mean about the weather - cold again today. I LOVE the blue dress.

Kathi said...

I linked you on my blog, I hope you don't mind :) On another note, I love this beret, it's supercute. I wish I had more berets than the standard black one..

Cellar Door said...

Loving the grandma shirt! Looks like you guys had fun at the swap.

Amy said...

Gorgeous, love the neck scarf, it really suits you!

The Clothes Horse said...

I want to see more of that blouse you have on underneath in the first picture--lovely!
You look so tall (in a good way) with the other blog peeps. Nice!

jess said...

you outfit looks great

Kim said...

More and more I'm loving blue and black together! Have I said I love your berets? Probably. Couldn't live in Chicago; winter would drive me nuts. Alabama is about as far north as I could handle, but I do love to visit! In the summer.

August said...

I love the blue outfit on you. I wish I looked good in berets beacause I love them:( but you carry them off so well.
I would love to exchange links with you,
http://www.thefancier.com

Caitie Harmful said...

Actually, the joke is:


There's three seasons in Chicago....Winter, Summer and Road Construction.


Please get any/all regional humor correct. Thank you.

Natasha said...

Caitie,
I think there is a strong chance that a city of millions could come up with more than one joke about itself, don't you?

Isabel said...

Aww, all you Chicago bloggers are so cute!

Auntie Tati said...

If I was interested in stealing necklaces, the turqoise one you got from your grandma would be the first one on my to-do list...

(With this I am trying to say that I like the necklace a lot :)

The Clothes Horse said...

Where did you study abroad? My guess is France, since you have berets from there...right?

Miss Woo said...

I probably siad this before, but I really like the quirky, very French style of your outfits (wish I can have a beret like that..)

Caitie Harmful said...

No, we keep our jokes consistant. I've never heard that version of it. You're obviously not from around here.

- said...

Wow! Usually a stylish picture has the same sort of style all across.

It was so much fun to look at every single outfit in this picture to find that every one looked good and in her own way!