Monday, March 3, 2008

The best way to combat a bad hair day...

...is to literally shove all of your hair in a hat. I was so emo this morning - it was rainy and my eyes were scratchy and I have so much work to do before finals! I tried to perk myself up with a so-bright-it's-obnoxious outfit.

As soon as it stops snowing, it starts raining

Beret: thrifted
Owl pendant (he's back!): Forever21
Vintage minidress: thrifted ($2!)
Earbobs: thrifted
Bangle: Forever21
Tights: Kohl's
Boots: Delia*s

Spring hasn't shown its face in Chicago yet. Today was chilly, windy and rainy...I don't think it will warm up for another few weeks.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet find with that dress, it looks perfect on you! I'm sure you were a ray of sunshine for the wintery day. I tried to do the same - I live in Montreal - so I sympathize!

Bee said...

Cute!!

I lvoe the pattern on the dress.

The Clothes Horse said...

You look like Spring--I wish it would come!

hailey said...

love love the boots~ looks great with the hat too.

Shanmin said...

Glee! Pure glee!

You actually look exceptionally happy.

WendyB said...

Nice cheerful colors!

Nadine said...

The hat suits you very well and I also adore your dress with those boots!

Anonymous said...

wow!
that certainly suits you
i'm soo jealous(in the good way though)on me that sweet dress would have donne the "sac a patate" effect.

Isabel said...

My favourite part of the outfit is definitely the slouchy beret! :) Feel better!

Sanna said...

Well played! It's just amazing how your beret and opaque tights tone down that bright patterned dress.

kajakowo said...

What a great outfit! I just love it. The dress is amazing.

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you did it.
On anyone else, that dress would look tacky.
You pulled it off beautifully.
It baffles my mind.

JuliAM said...

love, love, love the boots