Saturday, February 2, 2008

Ruffle my feathers

Feathers have been popping up in a few Fall RTW shows so far, and I actually welcome them. Ordinarily, I associate feathers with glue-on fingernails, nickel slot machines and the like. But these feather details are so subtle, so grown-up and so polished as to be perfectly elegant.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Top to bottom: Rachel Roy, BCBG Max Azaria, Yigal Azrouel

There is great diy potential here. I have such a long diy to-do list that it is visible from space.

Also, that Rachel Roy skirt would look great in my closet.

8 comments:

Wendy said...

I want to DIY a feather pin in the future. I imagine a small classic accessory can make any outfit.

Nadine said...

I also wanne do a feather hairpin some some day :). They're great.

P.s.: I gave you the "You make my day" award :).

bestie said...

feathers can be totally glam, i think. the trick is not to overdo it though, just a little bit here and there. (reminds me of the clothes horse's vintage fascinators, really.)

p.s.
i love max azria, and you chose such a pretty dress to include here.(:

lily said...

lovely selection of pictures,

feathers are great, my personal fav. is peacock feathers

x

Isabel said...

I too, am surprised with the classiness of feathers. Nicely done!

The Clothes Horse said...

Those are very subtle and very nice.

lara said...

yeah lily , I love peacock feathers , they look always great :)
And you found great pictures of feathers :)

Joanna Goddard said...

love that top pin! so cute.