Friday, February 29, 2008

Poetry slam!

This evening I am off to a poetry slam in a coffee shop that was organized by my professor. I am one of the readers. I didn't want to wear a beret to a poetry reading because it felt a tad too stereotypical. So I went with a 70s wide-brimmed hat I found at a garage sale this summer that I haven't worn yet.

wide brim ahead

Hat: garage sale
70s tie neck dress: thrifted
Sweater vest: thrifted
Belt: thrifted
Skirt: thrifted
Tights: thrifted, new in package
Boots: Target
...Rats, I missed a 100% second hand outfit by a boot.

And, just for Heather, I tried my very best snarl.

DSC01696

Everyone knows that you can't snarl without doing something with your fists.

12 comments:

Isabel said...

Oh my god, poetry slam! That's so beatnik and cool. I like how you;re being atypical and not wearing all black with a beret.

Nadine said...

Your boots are fabulous!

Miss Woo said...

I like this better than a beret, more creative!

Isa said...

I LOVE poetry slam.
I´m often going to see them and adore the whole vibe, wine and atmosphere.
I write myself but I never dared to read anything in public, so I absolutely admire you for doing it.
I would love to read something you wrote as well,so it would be great if you published spmething on your blog.

<3

heather said...

i'm shaking in my boots!

WendyB said...

Excellent snarling!

Ania said...

You look's like a gueen. http://mayday.ltd.pl

lucyisacookiemonster said...

the hat is wonderful, definitely better than a beret. what a find!

hailey said...

the hat is great with the boots and the buttery skirt as a neutral. the snarl is good, i believe you as a Tough Guy! ;-)

Meg said...

You look so chic, one of the few people who can actually carry off a floppy hat!

Ginny said...

hello, that outfit rocked!

Kool Thing said...

Good belt!