Saturday, February 16, 2008

A belated Valentine's

My boyfriend had to work on Valentine's Day, so we went out to dinner tonight. I saw no reason why I shouldn't wear a typical Valentine's outfit, even if it was a couple days late.

tomorrow, tomorrow, i love ya, tomorrow

Headband: Wal-Mart
Dress: vintage, thrifted
Belt: thrifted
Tights: Wal-Mart
Patent Mary Jane Pumps: Payless

Between the dress, tights, shoes and not straightening my hair, I can't help but assume that I subconsciously channeled this icon of musical theatre as my inspiration.

Photobucket

I wish I could be confident that the sun'll come out tomorrow, but Chicago Februaries make me cynical. It's a hard knock life, isn't it?

7 comments:

leanna o said...

ooh la la! I love that dress! It's very 50s housewife!

Nadine said...

Love the dress, too. It really reminds me of old movires.

Stararah said...

I like the outfit!
I love Annie. I want a dress just like hers. Haha.

Nabeel said...

the first picture is just beautiful. It has that 50's touch to it. I love it :)

diamondcanopy said...

Great outfit! Something very Blair Waldorf about it!

Wendy said...

Very cute! I hope you guys had a great time.

the iron chic said...

When I was little, my Grandma got me an Annie doll that was bigger than me.
I never fully appreciated it back then....