Thursday, January 10, 2008

Thrifty pit stop

After class today I decided to stop by the Salvation Army closest to campus. Incidentally, the closest one is a bit over a mile, but I figured that Chicago winters provide very few days that a mile walk is feasible.

Photobucket

I got this skirt, which looks to me to be vintage but still has its tags. Judging by its wrinkles, I assume that someone bought it 15 years ago, rolled it up into a ball, placed it in a sandwich bag, and left it there until they donated it a few weeks ago. I was a bit unsure about it but I think it will be pretty versatile. It also has an elastic waist, which are good for the days I feel a bit meaty.

Photobucket

I also got these two pieces of jewelry. I've been on the prowl for some brooches, so the pineapple one will do nicely. I also decided to buy the little clock necklace because it reminds me of a pocket watch that the obscenely inspirational Ranna of Only Shallow made into a pendant.

Photobucket

...she can do no wrong.

4 comments:

Charming Heart said...

The brooch and pendant are lovely, I have been dying for a clock necklace for so long, but I haven't been able to find one that is good quality and not too expensive.

Lynn said...

Haha yay for pineapples! :] That skirt does look like it was shoved somewhere, poor skirt.

Heather said...

Oh man, I suggest that adorable skirt with a wide belt and a t-shirt with the pineapple pin! Those are great finds!

Isabel said...

Wow, that skirt really does look like it was scrunched in a bag for 15 years. But that's okay, 'cause it's a really nice skirt.