Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Piecemeal roma homage

One of my thrifting habits is to buy long, matronly vintage dresses (read: Golden Girls' castoffs) and hemming them into mini-dresses. I am wearing one such transformation today:

roma chic

I slipped a skirt under it to keep it family-friendly. Then I decided to wear fishnets over a pair of blue hose to keep things interesting.

Headscarf: Belt from another vintage dress
Necklace: thrifted in Indiana
Dress: thrifted in Indiana
Belt: Grandma's old one, vintage Judith Lieber
Blue pencil skirt: thrifted
Blue hose: thrifted new in package
Fishnets: Urban Outfitters
Boots: Target

...watch your pocket change.

4 comments:

Miss Woo said...

Your dress is lovely, I need to go to the states for all the vintage bargains!

Nadine said...

The dress is awesome! Vintage items are the best!

Heather said...

That's great! I love the pattern, I want a simple mini shiftdress with a cute pattern too, and I like the way you styled it with the skirt!

melmo said...

wonderful
i love your dress and everything!