Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Optical madness

I was hesitant to post my outfit today, because the photo quality is not up to par. I like to take photos on my balcony because of better light and truer color. I usually either get my boyfriend to take them or I balance my camera on the edge of my balcony and do the self-timer. Today, however, there was snow and ice on my balcony and I didn't want my camera to slide off of the 17th story and plummet to its concrete grave. So, I took it inside.

The dress is handmade, and the pattern is black, blue and pink stripes. The stripes are vertical on top and diagnol on the skirt.

stripes for class

In this photo, they look like a bit of a magic eye.

Headband: Charlotte Russe
Clock pendant: thrifted
Vintage dress: thrifted
Tights: Target
Brogues: Wal-Mart

16 comments:

Hailey said...

Love your headband! It's dark when I leave for work but it is almost light enough and I will start using my balcony too soon. ;-)

Cedar said...

gorgeous dress...what a great find!

Charlotte said...

I I stopped by accidentally – and your blog awesome! You’re knitting your clothes by yourself? Loving this…go on so!

Poshpalette said...

whoa..you have beautiful skin and outfit.
:]

Shopgirl China said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
whimsical nerd said...

Thanks ladies! :)

charlotte, I wish I made this myself. It is handmade, although not by me. I imagine that it was handmade before I was born, although it is hard for me to say exactly when.

Charlotte said...

Oh! Having clothes, which are older than oneself is really great, because they've their own history. I'm always thinking about the other person, who wore the clothes before me. It's interesting!

Nerd Girl said...

From one nerdy girl to another: I think you look great!

Nadine said...

The dress is great :).

Ranna said...

That headband gives this outfit such a nice splash of colour. :)

Hey, and I have something for you in my blog.

Sanna said...

Love that dress, especially its sleeves and the volume of the hemline appeal to me. Simply adorable!

stupidcupcake said...

Your dress is amazing!

the iron chic said...

Walmart!? Crazy. Are they leather?

Lynn said...

Yikes, I'd terrified to balance my camera on an icy ledge too. I like your dress. :]

Stephanie said...

This dress is so great! I stared at it for awhile trying to figure out how/why it looked like an optical illusion..Very cool.

And thanks so much for tagging me in the next post! I love your blog as well. =]

Jane said...

love the dress and the poster in the background!