Tuesday, January 8, 2008

LND

The Social Science Research Commission paid for me to spend the summer at Indiana University for a Russian institute. When I wasn't studying or wasting time on the internet when I should have been studying, I managed to go thrifting. I had no car and did not understand the crude maps of the bus system (nor did I know my way around well enough for the maps to be useful in the first place.) Thus, I walked to every thrift store within three miles of campus.

My favorite find? My LND, little navy dress. I don't know what makes this dress so special. It is actually from American Eagle several years ago, and I never walk into the actual store. But this dress is so basic and easy, and it was only 50 cents. The only other things you can buy for that cheap are a pack of gum and extra cheese. So, I took the plunge. The LND has reared its head several times since its purchase.

Off to dinner. A touch blurry.
Its maiden voyage. This photo was actually taken in my little dorm room, and I had to prop the camera against the air conditioner.

Chilly in August
Its second time out, with red turtleneck and pumps.

A little more neutral now.
This is dressing it down a bit for class. It's a bit granny-chic here.

Today it looks like this. If it looks like I took this photo in a catacomb, its because today the sky looks like a wet grey sheet. It makes me downtrodden. If you need proof, look at my face.

water water everywhere

Beret: thrifted
Blouse: thrifted
LND: thrifted in Indiana
Grey tights: Old Navy
Boots: Target

6 comments:

Junimond said...

oh, i love all your little navy dress outfits.
especially the one with the weges looks stunning.

Isabel said...

That job sounds amazing! I had a job doing local historical research in the summertime, and it certainly was amazing. I love the outfit with the grey cardigan - grey cardigans are the best.

whimsical nerd said...

Thanks girls. :)
As for the summer, it wasn't actually a job. I was paid simply to study the language, which was nice. I have a historical research job now, though, for a book my professor is writing. Sometimes it feels more like mining than research...

Lynn said...

Hey, I really like your blog. :]

Those boots you have in the last picture look nice with your dress. I've been looking for boots online & I can't seem to find any I like.

Nadine said...

Oh you're adorable! And I'm so glad you have a blog!

The dress is a great find! It suits you really well and I like the granny chic picture!

whimsical nerd said...

thanks!
Lynn: These boots are actually knock offs of Frye as far as I can tell. I am not sure what your budget is like, but if you have some extra cash lying around Frye boots are beautifully made, stylish, and classic enough to last for more than a season.