Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Cute as a button!

The Chanel couture show contained several tweaks on their basic formula. I liked the ice princess quality and humming of the skirts. I was struck most, however, by the buttons. Granted, many of them are probably brooches placed where one would expect a button. But they are such pretty details that I think they stole the show.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

The blurring of the lines between button and brooch makes me wonder what other physical realities one could challenge. Spooky!

Actually, methinks I smell a DIY. It would be easy as pie. I am always seeing things at thrift stores that I don't like except for some terrific buttons, and it would be pretty painless to do a transplant of sorts. Alterna-buttons could be found anywhere. Single earrings? Beads? Champagne glasses? Garden statues?

8 comments:

Hailey said...

Love these looks (1st the most!). I also wrote about ice princesses today! ;-)

The Clothes Horse said...

I like the ideas of the buttons. The hair accessories were also lovely. I really enjoy the ice princess look Chanel has given lately in eye makeup and hair. I did feel there was discontinuity between many of the skirts and the blazers in the collection though...

Cily said...

I love that show and collection!!! especially the grey princess dress! beautiful!

I want big hair said...

i love the coat in the second to last picture:)
hmmm its spring soon and they're showing an icy feeling collection
xx

Heather said...

I love the pink suit and the use of flats! And I'm getting on that award, thank you so much!

Charming Heart said...

I love the last picture. It sort of has an ice princess ballerina thing going for it...
And the brooches/buttons are lovely.

bronwyn said...

I loved this Chanel collection - and congrats on your award:)

the iron chic said...

I'm with Clothes Horse on those skirts.
Not really feeling them.
But I do love a sixty foot tall jacket!